BBC Micro:bit in Practice
- Paperback: 292 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (December 9, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1804610127
- ISBN-13: 978-1804610121
BBC Micro:bit in Practice: Develop real-world interactive physical computing applications using the Micro:bit with more than 100 MicroPython examples with circuit diagrams
This book is a one-stop guide for learning BBC Micro:bit with MicroPython, exploring many hardware components and programming techniques to provide detailed insights into developing practical applications with the Micro:bit. It will also show you how hardware components can be manipulated using a combination of Micro:bit and MicroPython for developing practical projects. BBC Micro:bit in Practice will help you gain a holistic understanding of the BBC Micro:bit platform and MicroPython programming, guiding you through mini projects aimed at developing practical knowledge of circuit design and writing programs. You’ll learn how to write programs for working with built-in LEDs and buttons, interfacing external LEDs, buttons, motors, buzzers, and much more. You’ll also work with built-in radio, speakers, accelerometer, and a compass. You’ll dive into concepts related to the Micro:bit filesystem, interfacing external displays, and working with libraries in detail before exploring sewable circuits and wearable technology.
- Explore the essentials of the BBC Micro:bit, its hardware specifications, and versions
- Program built-in and external LEDs and buttons
- Program external LED-based displays, buzzers, and stepper motors
- Use analog input and pulse width modulation to drive a servo motor
- Detect gestures with internal sensors such as accelerometer, compass, and magnetometer
- Work on projects with built-in features such as music, speech, radio, and filesystem
- Explore the advanced features of the Micro:bit
After reading this BBC Micro:bit in Practice book, you’ll understand how to apply principles in electronics and MicroPython to create interesting real-life projects from scratch.