Beginning Azure IoT Edge Computing
- Paperback: 265 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (June 22, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484245350
- ISBN-13: 978-1484245354
Beginning Azure IoT Edge Computing: Extending the Cloud to the Intelligent Edge: Use a step-by-step process to create and deploy your first Azure IoT Edge solution
Modern day developers and architects in today’s cloud-focused world must understand when it makes sense to leverage the cloud. Computing on the edge is a new paradigm for most people. The Azure IoT Edge platform uses many existing technologies that may be familiar to developers, but understanding how to leverage those technologies in an edge computing scenario can be challenging.
Beginning Azure IoT Edge Computing demystifies computing on the edge and explains, through concrete examples and exercises, how and when to leverage the power of intelligent edge computing. It introduces the possibilities of intelligent edge computing using the Azure IoT Edge platform, and guides you through hands-on exercises to make edge computing approachable, understandable, and highly useful.
What You’ll Learn
- Create and deploy Azure IoT Edge solutions
- Recognize when to leverage the intelligent edge pattern and when to avoid it
- Leverage the available developer tooling to develop and debug IoT Edge solutions
- Know which off-the-shelf edge computing modules are available
- Become familiar with some of the lesser-known device protocols used in conjunction with edge computing
- Understand how to securely deploy and bootstrap an IoT Edge device
- Explore related topics such as containers and secure device provisioning
Through user-friendly discussion you will not only understand how to build edge solutions, but also when to build them. By explaining some common solution patterns, the decision on when to use the cloud and when to avoid the cloud will become much clearer.