Command Line Fundamentals
- Paperback: 314 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (December 24, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 178980776X
- ISBN-13: 978-1789807769
Command Line Fundamentals: Master shell basics and Unix tools and discover easy commands to perform complex tasks with speed
The most basic interface to a computer-the command line-remains the most flexible and powerful way of processing data and performing and automating various day-to-day tasks.
Command Line Fundamentals begins by exploring the basics, and then focuses on the most common tool, the Bash shell (which is standard on all Linux and iOS systems). As you make your way through the book, you’ll explore the traditional Unix command-line programs as implemented by the GNU project. You’ll also learn to use redirection and pipelines to assemble these programs to solve complex problems.
What You Will Learn
- Use the Bash shell to run commands
- Utilize basic Unix utilities such as cat, tr, sort, and uniq
- Explore shell wildcards to manage groups of files
- Apply useful keyboard shortcuts in shell
- Employ redirection and pipes to process data
- Write both basic and advanced shell scripts to automate tasks
By the end of this book, you’ll have explored the basics of shell scripting, allowing you to easily and quickly automate tasks.