Complete Unity 2018 Game Development
- Paperback: 738 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (January 31, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789952867
- ISBN-13: 978-1789952865
Complete Unity 2018 Game Development: Leverage the power of the Unity 2018 game engine to create games with brilliant gameplay and high replayability
Through this Learning Path, you’ll learn how to leverage the features of Unity and create amazing games, ranging from action shooters and mind-bending puzzle games to adventure and Virtual Reality(VR) games. If you have no prior experience of using Unity, you can still benefit from this Learning Path, which easily explains the complete working of the Unity toolset.
What You Will Learn
- Understand concepts such as game objects, components, and scenes
- Create functional games with C# scripting
- Write shaders from scratch in ShaderLab and HLSL/Cg
- Develop intelligent pathfinding agents with A* and A*mbush
- Work with terrains and world-creation tools
- Simulate senses for agents to make decisions based on the environment
- Implement waypoints by creating a manual selector
- Enhance games with volumetric explosions, special effects, and visuals
You’ll start by learning how to create compelling shaders using Unity and understanding everything you need to know about vectors. This includes useful inputs on how lighting is constructed with vectors and how textures are used to create complex effects without the need for advanced math. In the succeeding chapters, you’ll also be able to use popular AI techniques, such as A* and A*mbush to develop intelligent pathfinding agents for your games. The book will also guide you through different algorithms for creating decision-making agents that go beyond simple behaviors and movement.
By the end of this Learning Path Complete Unity 2018 Game Development, you will have developed all the basic skills to create highly engaging and replayable games.