Consul: Up and Running
- Paperback: 260 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (July 5, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1098106148
- ISBN-13: 978-1098106140
Consul: Up and Running: Service Mesh for Any Runtime or Cloud
With the advent of microservices, Kubernetes, public cloud, and hybrid computing, site reliability and DevOps engineers are facing more complexity than ever before. Service mesh is an exciting new technology that promises to help tackle this complexity. A service mesh provides you with a unified control plane to manage application networking across these distinct platforms.
With this Consul: Up and Running definitive guide, you’ll learn how to automate networking for simple and secure application delivery with Consul.
- Dive into the characteristics of service meshes, zero trust networking, and traffic-shaping patterns
- Deploy Consul on Kubernetes and virtual machines
- Learn how to secure, monitor, and manage your application traffic with Consul
- Use this guide to deploy and operate applications as a platform operator, DevOps engineer, or developer
Author Luke Kysow, Consul engineer at HashiCorp, demonstrates how this service mesh solution provides a software-driven approach to security, observability, reliability, and traffic management. Once you learn how to deploy Consul on multiple platforms, you’ll be able to take control of application traffic, prevent outages, view metrics, integrate with legacy systems, and more.