Core Java, Volume I: Fundamentals, 12th Edition
- Paperback: 944 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 12th edition (December 13, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0137673620
- ISBN-13: 978-0137673629
Core Java, Volume I: Fundamentals, 12th Edition: The #1 Java Guide for Serious Programmers: Fully Updated through Java 17
Core Java, Volume I: Fundamentals, Twelfth Edition, is the definitive guide to writing robust, maintainable code. Whatever version of Java you are using-up to and including Java 17-this book will help you achieve a deep and practical understanding of the language and APIs. With hundreds of realistic examples, Cay S. Horstmann reveals the most powerful and effective ways to get the job done.
This Core Java, Volume I: Fundamentals, 12th Edition book is written for readers with prior programming experience who are looking for in-depth coverage of the Java language and platform. You’ll learn about all language features in detail, including the recent improvements in Java 17. The applied chapters and code examples cover the most up-to-date capabilities of the vast Java library. For 25 years, Core Java has prepared serious programmers for serious Java programming.
This first of two volumes offers in-depth coverage of fundamental Java programming, including object-oriented programming, generics, collections, lambda expressions, concurrency, and functional programming. Classic material for Swing UI programming is included for those who need it. This Core Java, Volume I: Fundamentals, 12th Edition’s new content covers text blocks, switch enhancements, records, pattern matching for instanceof, sealed classes, and more.
- Master foundational techniques, idioms, and best practices for writing superior Java code
- Leverage the power of interfaces, lambda expressions, and inner classes
- Harden programs through effective exception handling and debugging
- Write safer, more reusable code with generic programming
- Improve performance and efficiency with Java’s standard collections
- Explore simple programs with JShell and assemble complex programs with archives and modules
- Build cross-platform GUIs with the Swing toolkit
- Fully utilize multicore processors with Java’s powerful concurrency model
See Core Java, Volume II: Advanced Features, Twelfth Edition (coming in 2022), for expert coverage of Java 17 enterprise features, the module system, annotations, networking, security, and advanced UI programming.
[ Exclusive Offer! Order Instant Uplift Massaging Beauty Roller Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]