Embracing Microservices Design
- Paperback: 306 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (October 29, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 180181838X
- ISBN-13: 978-1801818384
Embracing Microservices Design: Develop microservice-based enterprise applications with expert guidance to avoid failures and technological debt with the help of real-world examples
Microservices have been widely adopted for designing distributed enterprise apps that are flexible, robust, and fine-grained into services that are independent of each other. There has been a paradigm shift where organizations are now either building new apps on microservices or transforming existing monolithic apps into microservices-based architecture.
This Embracing Microservices Design book explores the importance of anti-patterns and the need to address flaws in them with alternative practices and patterns. You’ll identify common mistakes caused by a lack of understanding when implementing microservices and cover topics such as organizational readiness to adopt microservices, domain-driven design, and resiliency and scalability of microservices. The book further demonstrates the anti-patterns involved in re-platforming brownfield apps and designing distributed data architecture. You’ll also focus on how to avoid communication and deployment pitfalls and understand cross-cutting concerns such as logging, monitoring, and security. Finally, you’ll explore testing pitfalls and establish a framework to address isolation, autonomy, and standardization.
- Discover the responsibilities of different individuals involved in a microservices initiative
- Avoid the common mistakes in architecting microservices for scalability and resiliency
- Understand the importance of domain-driven design when developing microservices
- Identify the common pitfalls involved in migrating monolithic applications to microservices
- Explore communication strategies, along with their potential drawbacks and alternatives
- Discover the importance of adopting governance, security, and monitoring
- Understand the role of CI/CD and testing
By the end of this Embracing Microservices Design book, you’ll have understood critical mistakes to avoid while building microservices and the right practices to adopt early in the product life cycle to ensure the success of a microservices initiative.
[ Exclusive Offer! Order Shopping Grocery Bag Carrier Handle Holder Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]