Incident Response with Threat Intelligence
- Paperback: 468 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (June 24, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1801072957
- ISBN-13: 978-1801072953
Incident Response with Threat Intelligence: Learn everything you need to know to respond to advanced cybersecurity incidents through threat hunting using threat intelligence
With constantly evolving cyber threats, developing a cybersecurity incident response capability to identify and contain threats is indispensable for any organization regardless of its size. This book covers theoretical concepts and a variety of real-life scenarios that will help you to apply these concepts within your organization.
Starting with the basics of incident response, the book introduces you to professional practices and advanced concepts for integrating threat hunting and threat intelligence procedures in the identification, contention, and eradication stages of the incident response cycle. As you progress through the chapters, you’ll cover the different aspects of developing an incident response program. You’ll learn the implementation and use of platforms such as TheHive and ELK and tools for evidence collection such as Velociraptor and KAPE before getting to grips with the integration of frameworks such as Cyber Kill Chain and MITRE ATT&CK for analysis and investigation. You’ll also explore methodologies and tools for cyber threat hunting with Sigma and YARA rules.
- Explore the fundamentals of incident response and incident management
- Find out how to develop incident response capabilities
- Understand the development of incident response plans and playbooks
- Align incident response procedures with business continuity
- Identify incident response requirements and orchestrate people, processes, and technologies
- Discover methodologies and tools to integrate cyber threat intelligence and threat hunting into incident response
By the end of this Incident Response with Threat Intelligence book, you’ll have learned everything you need to respond to cybersecurity incidents using threat intelligence.