IoT Edge Computing with MicroK8s
- Paperback: 416 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (September 30, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803230630
- ISBN-13: 978-1803230634
IoT Edge Computing with MicroK8s: A step-by-step, comprehensive guide that includes real-world use cases to help you successfully develop and run applications and mission-critical workloads using MicroK8s
Are you facing challenges with developing, deploying, monitoring, clustering, storing, securing, and managing Kubernetes in production environments as you’re not familiar with infrastructure technologies? MicroK8s – a zero-ops, lightweight, and CNCF-compliant Kubernetes with a small footprint is the apt solution for you.
This book gets you up and running with production-grade, highly available (HA) Kubernetes clusters on MicroK8s using best practices and examples based on IoT and edge computing.
Beginning with an introduction to Kubernetes, MicroK8s, and IoT and edge computing architectures, this book shows you how to install, deploy sample apps, and enable add-ons (like DNS and dashboard) on the MicroK8s platform. You’ll work with multi-node Kubernetes clusters on Raspberry Pi and networking plugins (such as Calico and Cilium) and implement service mesh, load balancing with MetalLB and Ingress, and AI/ML workloads on MicroK8s. You’ll also understand how to secure containers, monitor infrastructure and apps with Prometheus, Grafana, and the ELK stack, manage storage replication with OpenEBS, resist component failure using a HA cluster, and more, as well as take a sneak peek into future trends.
- Get a holistic view of MicroK8s features using a sample application
- Understand IoT and edge computing and their architecture constraints
- Create, scale, and update HA Raspberry Pi multi-node clusters
- Implement AI/ML use cases with the Kubeflow platform
- Work with various networking plugins, and monitoring and logging tools
- Perform service mesh integrations using Istio and Linkerd
- Run serverless applications using Knative and OpenFaaS frameworks
- Secure your containers using Kata and strict confinement options
By the end of this IoT Edge Computing with MicroK8s book, you’ll be able to use MicroK8 to build and implement scenarios for IoT and edge computing workloads in a production environment.