Learning C# by Developing Games with Unity 2020 – Fifth Edition
- Paperback: 366 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (August 21, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1800207808
- ISBN-13: 978-1800207806
Learning C# by Developing Games with Unity 2020, 5th Edition: Get to grips with coding in C# and build simple 3D games with Unity from the ground up with this updated fifth edition of the bestselling guide
Over the years, the Learning C# by Developing Games with Unity series has established itself as a popular choice for getting up to speed with C#, a powerful and versatile programming language that can be applied in a wide array of application areas. This book presents a clear path for learning C# programming from the ground up without complex jargon or unclear programming logic, all while building a simple game with Unity.
This Learning C# by Developing Games with Unity 2020, Fifth Edition has been updated to introduce modern C# features with the latest version of the Unity game engine, and a new chapter has been added on intermediate collection types. Starting with the basics of software programming and the C# language, you’ll learn the core concepts of programming in C#, including variables, classes, and object-oriented programming. Once you’ve got to grips with C# programming, you’ll enter the world of Unity game development and discover how you can create C# scripts for simple game mechanics. Throughout the book, you’ll gain hands-on experience with programming best practices to help you take your Unity and C# skills to the next level.
- Discover easy-to-follow steps and examples for learning C# programming fundamentals
- Get to grips with creating and implementing scripts in Unity
- Create basic game mechanics such as player controllers and shooting projectiles using C#
- Understand the concepts of interfaces and abstract classes
- Leverage the power of the latest C# features to solve complex programming problems
- Become familiar with stacks, queues, exceptions, error handling, and other core C# concepts
- Explore the basics of artificial intelligence (AI) for games and implement them to control enemy behavior
By the end of this Learning C# by Developing Games with Unity 2020, 5th Edition book, you’ll be able to leverage the C# language to build your own real-world Unity game development projects.