Mastering Minimal APIs in ASP.NET Core
- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (October 21, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803237821
- ISBN-13: 978-1803237824
Mastering Minimal APIs in ASP.NET Core: Get a practical understanding of how to build lightweight ASP.NET Core 6 applications and write cleaner, testable, and secure APIs with .NET 6 and Minimal APIs
The Minimal APIs feature, introduced in .NET 6, is the answer to code complexity and rising dependencies in creating even the simplest of APIs. Minimal APIs facilitate API development using compact code syntax and help you develop web APIs quickly.
This practical guide explores Minimal APIs end-to-end and helps you take advantage of its features and benefits for your ASP.NET Core projects. The chapters in this book will help you speed up your development process by writing less code and maintaining fewer files using Minimal APIs. You’ll also learn how to enable Swagger for API documentation along with CORS and handle application errors. The book even promotes ideas to structure your code in a better way using the dependency injection library in .NET. Finally, you’ll learn about performance and benchmarking improvements for your apps.
- Adopt new features in .NET 6 for building lightweight APIs
- Understand how to optimize API development with Minimal APIs in .NET 6
- Discover best practices for accessing and using data in Minimal APIs
- Understand how to validate incoming data to an API and return error messages
- Get familiar with dependency injection and logging for identifying errors
- Leverage the translation system in Minimal APIs to provide messages and errors in regional languages
By the end of this Mastering Minimal APIs in ASP.NET Core book, you’ll be able to fully leverage new features in .NET 6 for API development and explore how Minimal APIs are an evolution over classical web API development in ASP.NET Core 6.