Mastering Windows Security and Hardening, Second Edition
- Paperback: 816 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (August 19, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 180323654X
- ISBN-13: 978-1803236544
Mastering Windows Security and Hardening, 2nd Edition: A comprehensive guide to administering and protecting the latest Windows 11 and Windows server operating system from ongoing cyber threats using zero-trust security principles
Are you looking for the most current and effective ways to protect Windows-based systems from being compromised by intruders? This updated Mastering Windows Security and Hardening, Second Edition is a detailed guide that helps you gain the expertise to implement efficient security measures and create robust defense solutions using modern technologies.
The first part of the book covers security fundamentals with details around building and implementing baseline controls. As you advance, you’ll learn how to effectively secure and harden your Windows-based systems through hardware, virtualization, networking, and identity and access management (IAM). The second section will cover administering security controls for Windows clients and servers with remote policy management using Intune, Configuration Manager, Group Policy, Defender for Endpoint, and other Microsoft 365 and Azure cloud security technologies. In the last section, you’ll discover how to protect, detect, and respond with security monitoring, reporting, operations, testing, and auditing.
- Build a multi-layered security approach using zero-trust concepts
- Explore best practices to implement security baselines successfully
- Get to grips with virtualization and networking to harden your devices
- Discover the importance of identity and access management
- Explore Windows device administration and remote management
- Become an expert in hardening your Windows infrastructure
- Audit, assess, and test to ensure controls are successfully applied and enforced
- Monitor and report activities to stay on top of vulnerabilities
By the end of this Mastering Windows Security and Hardening, 2nd Edition book, you’ll have developed an understanding of the processes and tools involved in enforcing security controls and implementing zero-trust security principles to protect Windows systems.