Modern Concurrency in Swift: Introducing Async/Await, Task Groups & Actors
- Paperback: 273 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 2, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1950325539
- ISBN-13: 978-1950325535
Modern Concurrency in Swift: Introducing Async/Await, Task Groups & Actors: Learn and Master Modern Swift’s new Concurrency model!: Up to date for iOS 15, Swift 5.5 & Xcode 13
Learn everything you need to create safe, performant and predictable asynchronous apps by leveraging the new modern concurrency features introduced in Swift 5.5, such as async/await, tasks, actors and more.
For years, writing powerful and safe concurrent apps with Swift could easily turn into a daunting task, full of race conditions and unexplained crashes hidden in a massive nesting of callback closures.
In Swift 5.5, Apple introduced a new concurrency model featuring the async/await syntax, to let you write asynchronous code that reads like synchronous code. But like any new feature, here be dragons! So how will you achieve the much-desired mastery of Modern Swift Concurrency?
Modern Concurrency in Swift: Introducing Async/Await, Task Groups & Actors is here for the rescue, showcasing everything you need to know about async/await, tasks, actors, and everything in between!
Topics Covered in Modern Concurrency in Swift: Introducing Async/Await, Task Groups & Actors
- Using async/await: Learn how to use the new async/await keywords to define and run asynchronous work.
- Actors: Find out how to use the actor model to easily protect shared mutable state in a synchronized container.
- Tasks: You’ll dive deeper into the Task type, which powers all asynchronous tasks in Swift’s modern concurrency model.
- Task Groups: Use a Task Group to group multiple tasks together and run them concurrently, while using a familiar Array-like syntax to iterate over the results.
- Custom Asynchronous Sequences: Leverage the power of async/await in your own asynchronous work, by learning how to create custom AsyncStreams.
- Testing Asynchronous Code: Asynchronous code can be a challenging beast to test. You’ll learn everything you need to tackle this challenge.
One thing you can count on: after reading this Modern Concurrency in Swift: Introducing Async/Await, Task Groups & Actors book, you’ll be prepared to leverage Swift’s new concurrency features in your app to write safe, performant and predictable asynchronous code.
[ Exclusive Offer! Order All Rounded Children U Shape Toothbrush Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]