Modern Parallel Programming with C++ and Assembly Language
- Paperback: 653 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (April 13, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484279174
- ISBN-13: 978-1484279175
Learn the fundamentals of x86 Single instruction multiple data (SIMD) programming using C++ intrinsic functions and x86-64 assembly language. This book emphasizes x86 SIMD programming topics and technologies that are relevant to modern software development in applications which can exploit data level parallelism, important for the processing of big data, large batches of data and related important in data science and much more.
Modern Parallel Programming with C++ and Assembly Language is an instructional text that explains x86 SIMD programming using both C++ and assembly language. The book’s content and organization are designed to help you quickly understand and exploit the SIMD capabilities of x86 processors. It also contains an abundance of source code that is structured to accelerate learning and comprehension of essential SIMD programming concepts and algorithms.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the essential details about x86 SIMD architectures and instruction sets including AVX, AVX2, and AVX-512.
- Master x86 SIMD data types, arithmetic instructions, and data management operations using both integer and floating-point operands.
- Code performance-enhancing functions and algorithms that fully exploit the SIMD capabilities of a modern x86 processor.
- Employ C++ intrinsic functions and x86-64 assembly language code to carry out arithmetic calculations using common programming constructs including arrays, matrices, and user-defined data structures.
- Harness the x86 SIMD instruction sets to significantly accelerate the performance of computationally intense algorithms in applications such as machine learning, image processing, computer graphics, statistics, and matrix arithmetic.
- Apply leading-edge coding strategies and techniques to optimally exploit the x86 SIMD instruction sets for maximum possible performance.
After reading this Modern Parallel Programming with C++ and Assembly Language book, you will be able to code performance-optimized AVX, AVX2, and AVX-512 algorithms using either C++ intrinsic functions or x86-64 assembly language.
[ Exclusive Offer! Order Adjustable Measuring Scoop Plastic Scale, Adjustable Measuring Spoons with Magnetic Snaps, Multifunctional Measuring Cups Solid Powder Liquid Measurement Baking Tool Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]