Privilege Escalation Techniques
- Paperback: 340 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 25, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1801078874
- ISBN-13: 978-1801078870
Privilege Escalation Techniques: Learn how to escalate your privileges on Windows and Linux systems
This book is a comprehensive guide on the privilege escalation process for Windows and Linux systems and is designed to be practical and hands-on by providing the reader with real world exercises and scenarios in the form of vulnerable environments and virtual machines.
Privilege escalation is a vital element of the attack life cycle and is a major determinant in the overall success of a penetration test. The importance of privilege escalation in the penetration testing process cannot be overstated or overlooked. Developing your privilege escalation skills will mark you out as a good penetration tester. The ability to enumerate information from a target system and utilize this information to identify potential misconfigurations and vulnerabilities that can be exploited to elevate privileges is an essential skill set for any penetration tester.
The Privilege Escalation Techniques book uses virtual environments that you can download to test and run tools and techniques. Each chapter will feature an exploitation challenge in the form of pre-built virtual machines (VMs). As you progress, you will learn how to enumerate and exploit vulnerabilities on Linux or Windows systems in order to elevate your privileges.
- Understand the privilege escalation process and how it differs from Windows to Linux
- Learn how to set up a virtual penetration testing lab
- Gain an initial foothold on the system
- Perform local enumeration on target systems
- Exploit kernel vulnerabilities on Windows and Linux systems
- Perform privilege escalation through password looting and finding stored credentials
- Get to grips with performing impersonation attacks
- Exploit Windows services such as the secondary logon handle service to escalate Windows privileges
- Escalate Linux privileges by exploiting scheduled tasks and SUID binaries
By the end of this Privilege Escalation Techniques book, you will have gained the skills you need to be able to perform local enumeration in order to identify privilege escalation vectors on Windows and Linux systems and how to exploit them in order to elevate your privileges.
[ Exclusive Offer! Order Natural Lip Plumper, Plant Extracts Plumping Lip Serum, Lip Enhancer, Lip Plumping Balm, Moisturizing Clear Lip Gloss for Fuller Lips & Hydrated Beauty Lips Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]