Simplifying Android Development with Coroutines and Flows
- Paperback: 164 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (July 27, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1801816247
- ISBN-13: 978-1801816243
Simplifying Android Development with Coroutines and Flows: Get to grips with asynchronous programming in Android using simple, modern, and testable code through Kotlin coroutines and flow
Coroutines and flows are the new recommended way for developers to carry out asynchronous programming in Android using simple, modern, and testable code. This book will teach you how coroutines and flows work and how to use them in building Android applications, along with helping you to develop modern Android applications with asynchronous programming using real data.
The book begins by showing you how to create and handle Kotlin coroutines on Android. You’ll explore asynchronous programming in Kotlin, and understand how to test Kotlin coroutines. Next, you’ll learn about Kotlin flows on Android, and have a closer look at using Kotlin flows by getting to grips with handling flow cancellations and exceptions and testing the flows.
- Understand how coroutines and flows differ from existing ways
- Apply asynchronous programming in Android with coroutines and flows
- Find out how to build your own coroutines and flows in Android
- Handle, manipulate, and combine data in coroutines and flows
- Handle cancellations and exceptions from coroutines and flows
- Discover how to add tests for your coroutines and flows
- Integrate coroutines and flows into your Android projects
By the end of this Simplifying Android Development with Coroutines and Flows book, you’ll have the skills you need to build high-quality and maintainable Android applications using coroutines and flows.