Supercharging Node.js Applications with Sequelize
- Paperback: 266 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (October 28, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1801811555
- ISBN-13: 978-1801811552
Supercharging Node.js Applications with Sequelize: A hands-on implementation guide to application development in Node.js using the powerful Sequelize ORM
Continuous changes in business requirements can make it difficult for programmers to organize business logic into database models, which turns out to be an expensive operation as changes to the database may result in errors and incongruity within applications. Supercharging Node.js Applications with Sequelize helps you get to grips with Sequelize, a reliable ORM that enables you to alleviate these issues in your database and applications.
With Sequelize, you’ll no longer need to store information in flat files or memory. This book takes a hands-on approach to implementation and associated methodologies for your database that will have you up and running in no time. You’ll learn how to configure Sequelize for your Node.js application properly, develop a better sense of understanding of how this ORM works, and find out how to manage your database from Node.js using Sequelize. Finally, you’ll be able to use Sequelize as the database driver for building your application from scratch.
- Configure and optimize Sequelize for your application
- Validate your database and hydrate it with data
- Add life cycle events (or hooks) to your application for business logic
- Organize and ensure the integrity of your data even on preexisting databases
- Scaffold a database using built-in Sequelize features and tools
- Discover industry-based best practices, tips, and techniques to simplify your application development
By the end of this Supercharging Node.js Applications with Sequelize book, you’ll be able to configure, build, store, retrieve, validate, and associate your data from a database to a Node.js application.