The Essential Guide to HTML5, 3rd Edition
- Paperback: 505 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 3rd edition (November 11, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484287215
- ISBN-13: 978-1484287217
You’ll begin at an introductory level with the focus on technical features as well as programming techniques. Each chapter features a familiar game such as Rock-Paper-Scissors, Craps, Memory, and Blackjack or generic examples such as working with Mazes. Other projects include constructing and saving a maze; a basic word guessing game; ballistic games (Cannonball and Slingshot); a quiz requiring items to be put in order; and an animation demonstration featuring a ball, photo or video clip bouncing within a rectangle.
The Appendix contains examples of advanced techniques such as Scalar Vector Graphics programs displaying the HTML5 Logo and a cartoon figure, each of which can be changed dynamically, and mathematical techniques for calculating if a move crosses a line and re-adjusting an arrangement of circles and arrows. The exposition on each example in the chapters and the Appendix includes screen shots and tables revealing the structure of the program and statement by statement explanation of code.
- Understand HTML 5 concepts with the help of easy-to-grasp, appealing examples
- Use HTML5 to explore new avenues for web application and game development
- Review important new elements of HTML 5
- Build, test, and upload simple games to a web site