The Insider’s Guide to Arm Cortex-M Development
- Paperback: 276 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (October 27, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803231114
- ISBN-13: 978-1803231112
The Insider’s Guide to Arm Cortex-M Development: Learn and implement the latest Arm Cortex-M microcontroller development concepts such as performance optimization, security, software reuse, machine learning, continuous integration, and cloud-based development from industry experts
Cortex-M has been around since 2004, so why a new book now? With new microcontrollers based on the Cortex-M55 and Cortex-M85 being introduced this year, Cortex-M continues to expand. New software concepts, such as standardized software reuse, have emerged alongside new topics including security and machine learning. Development methodologies have also significantly advanced, with more embedded development taking place in the cloud and increased levels of automation. Due to these advances, a single engineer can no longer understand an entire project and requires new skills to be successful.
This book provides a unique view of how to navigate and apply the latest concepts in microcontroller development. The book is split into two parts. First, you’ll be guided through how to select the ideal set of hardware, software, and tools for your specific project. Next, you’ll explore how to implement essential topics for modern embedded developers. Throughout the book, there are examples for you to learn by working with real Cortex-M devices with all software available on GitHub. You will gain experience with the small Cortex-M0+, the powerful Cortex-M55, and more Cortex-M processors.
- Familiarize yourself with heuristics to identify the right components for your Cortex-M project
- Boot code to efficiently start up a Cortex-M device
- Optimize algorithms with compilers, middleware, and other means
- Get to grips with machine learning frameworks and implementation techniques
- Understand security in the embedded space with solutions like TrustZone and TF-M
- Explore cloud-based development methodologies to increase efficiency
- Dive into continuous integration frameworks and best practices
- Identify future trends that could impact Cortex-M software development
By the end of this The Insider’s Guide to Arm Cortex-M Development book, you’ll be able to practically apply modern Cortex-M software development concepts.