Unity 2020 Mobile Game Development – Second Edition
- Paperback: 464 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (August 21, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838987339
- ISBN-13: 978-1838987336
Unity 2020 Mobile Game Development, 2nd Edition: A practical guide on how to use Unity for building cross-platform mobile games and Augmented Reality apps using the latest Unity 2020 toolset
Unity 2020 brings a lot of new features that can be harnessed for building powerful games for popular mobile platforms. This updated Unity 2020 Mobile Game Development, Second Edition delves into Unity development, covering the new features of Unity, modern development practices, and augmented reality (AR) for creating an immersive mobile experience. The book takes a step-by-step approach to building an endless runner game using Unity to help you learn the concepts of mobile game development.
This new edition also covers AR features and explains how to implement them using ARCore and ARKit with Unity. The book explores the new mobile notification package and helps you add notifications for your games. You’ll learn how to add touch gestures and design UI elements that can be used in both landscape and portrait modes at different resolutions. The book then covers the best ways to monetize your games using Unity Ads and in-app purchases before you learn how to integrate your game with various social networks. Next, using Unity’s analytics tools, you’ll enhance your game by gaining insights into how players like and use your game. Finally, you’ll take your games into the real world by implementing AR capabilities and publishing them on both Android and iOS app stores.
- Design responsive user interfaces for your mobile games
- Detect collisions, receive user input, and create player movements for your mobile games
- Create interesting gameplay elements using inputs from your mobile device
- Explore the mobile notification package in Unity game engine to keep players engaged
- Create interactive and visually appealing content for Android and iOS devices
- Monetize your game projects using Unity Ads and in-app purchases
By the end of this Unity 2020 Mobile Game Development, 2nd Edition book, you will have learned Unity tools and techniques and be able to use them to build robust cross-platform mobile games.